View Single Post
Old 03-15-2004, 02:45 PM   #1
FC
Solving problems

Carmudgeonly Ride: M5 / 718 GTS / Cooper S / GTI / LR4
Your thoughts on VERY expensive performance cars.

I may never understand what drives someone to buy a Bentley or even an Enzo, but I have a question regarding the "somewhat affordable" performance cars.

For example, say you had enough money to be able to drop 100-150K (or even 200K I guess) on a performance car. Let's throw some models out there:

-Porsche 996 TT
-Porshce 996 GT3 (or even a GT2)
-Ferrari 360
-Ford GT

I guess there are also the performance/luxury cars like aston martins, MB SL AMG's etc, but we know who buys those.

So if you could afford to buy one of these (pick your favorite toy), how would you use it? Would you track it? Drive it daily? Drive it on the weekends? A little of everything?

We are, of course assuming that you have at least one other car (probably many) to go along with this car.

In the "I'm worth dozens of millions and I don't have to move a finger again for the rest of my life" world I can see the question is irrelevant. But lets say you are just wealthy enough that you have no issues at all in paying for a car like that, but at the same time you are not wealthy enough to buy two.

How would you use it?
FC is offline   Reply With Quote