Thread: CarPro ClearCut
View Single Post
Old 09-22-2021, 09:35 PM   #28
clyde
Chief title editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh (PA) View Post
Very Much. Came home and looked at it again and found this..
The windshield is ir film and accoustic sandwiched. Guess I'm calling insurance

FML
Ugh.

Does it have any cameras or sensors in the glass or work through them? If so, they may need to be recalibrated, too, which adds cost, time, and PITA factor.

Heading to Lincoln a few weeks ago, I was following JV towing his RX-8. At one point, I watched a small stone kick up from behind the trailer, hang in the air as I drove into, where it impacted the lower driver side corner and appeared to leave a pit. Or maybe a small crack. But perhaps it was bug guts that I hadn't yet noticed. I mentioned it to Kevin. From his passenger seat perspective, he said, "Um, that doesn't look like bug guts from here," and started looking up windshield repair places in Lincoln.

I was hoping it was a chip that could be filled/repaired and that would be the end of it. The Camaro has HUD which means it gets a windshield with some kind of coating that makes it a little more expensive, but they haven't made that many 6g Camaros. To make it more fun, there are six different windshield part numbers (HUD, Lane Departure/Auto-Braking, PDR and the different possible combinations). Between all of that, my expectation is that if I ever have to replace the glass, it will probably take a few days, so I really did not want to have to deal with that. A simple resin repair that will hold would be much preferable.

At the next gas stop, I forgot to check from the outside. About 30 minutes further down the road, I decided I could reach it from inside and put my hand out the window and touched it...and smeared some bug guts around. No pit, no chip, no crack. I was pretty relieved.

Team WTF?!
What are you gonna do?
clyde is offline   Reply With Quote