Re: forgive the mbr like qualities of this post

Quote:
Originally Posted by clyde
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbr129
Quote:
Originally Posted by clyde
Stock class autox car.
Now... I think a Miata would be best over a solstice. Mazda knows how to build a fun, small car. You'd have to take GM's word that they do. .... More importantly, since it would be a dedicated (right?) Autox car, the aftermarket/mods part of it would be huge and the Miata clearly wins there.
It depends on a whole lot of stuff that we can only make slightly better than totally uninformed guesses about right now.

For Stock class, there are only four mods worth thinking about...shocks, front anti roll bar, exhaust and wheels. The Miata will likely be better out of the gate WRT shocks, but the Solstice is slated to get Bilstein monotubes as OEM equipment which bodes very well for it considering the ease and cost with which many Bilsteins can be revalved. The Solstice also looks like it will be GM's or Pontiac's Focus WRT aftermarket and I suspect that there will be a whole slew of stuff available at launch or soon after. Into the future, through the autox prism, it will depend on how good the car is in terms of what becomes available that would actually be helpful.
Hmmm... That is true. I honestly forgot about the modding restrictions/penalties aspect. And a huge factor of course, is that you've not driven either.
FC is offline   Reply With Quote