Thread: 535i Loaner
View Single Post
Old 09-03-2013, 01:48 PM   #3
ZBB
Relic

Carmudgeonly Ride: A very fast golf cart
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinecone View Post
It defaults to auto engine shutdown start up. Just plain weird to have the engine shut off randomly.
Blame this on new fuel economy regulations. I found it funny that when I had a Panamera for a loaner, that the Porsche admin person who did the walk through on the car made sure to mention how to turn it off I ended up leaving it on and it didn't really bothered me. Car only went off when stopped at a light, and came back on fast enough, although there is a split second delay to go...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinecone View Post
"Keyless" entry. You have to use the fob to lock the car, but if you walk up with the "key" in your pocket, you just pull the driver door handle and the car unlocks.

Power trunk, push on hold the fob button and the trunk unlocks and opens. Push a button on the trunk, and it closes and locks.
I don't understand BMW's not auto-locking when you walk away. You either have to push the button on the key or press the button on the exterior door handle to unlock it. My wife's Mini also requires you to push the button on the door to open -- it doesn't unlock with just trying to open the door (this is one of those software dumbing-down things that BMW does with MINIs -- like temp settings being 2 degrees apart instead of one...).

As for the power trunk, the Tesla has this too. You can also double click the trunk button on the FOB to close it when its open. Don't know if that's avail on BMW...