View Single Post
Old 03-30-2016, 12:29 PM   #25
lawn boy
bren's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2003
Carmudgeonly Ride: e46m3, f25x3,C5 Z06, C4 Vette, 06 CTD Ram, and a trailer
Location: Maryland
Posts: 14,030
Originally Posted by JST View Post
There will be some clarity late tomorrow, though it's not clear how much.

But, really, what's the worst that happens? Your place in line comes up, you haven't seen the car, so you cancel. Later, after you've seen the car, you re-order.

You're now in exactly the same position you would have been if you'd not put money down. You're only out the opportunity cost on $1000 for a year or so.
Or just wait and see.

Then the issue becomes the rebate. Seems kind of silly to effectively spend $7500 more than another guy because of a few months one way or the other. I'd probably wait for a used one at that point though.
bren is offline   Reply With Quote