View Single Post
Old 04-15-2008, 02:13 PM   #9
lupinsea
Jeeped

Carmudgeonly Ride: Modified Jeep Tj and '07 Miata
Cool.

Check in here Kevin, Lance, as we get closer to the run. I doubt anything will change but I can fill in more specific info if needed. Kevin, I'll plan for you joining us. If you can't make it no problem.

Future Jeep Runs
For those who can't make it I'll be doing other runs in the future.

With my wife pregnant things will obviously taper off at a certain point. Also I'll probably sit down at some point and plan out the future runs WELL in advance. . . just because I have to, time is shortening up here and the schedule is getting crowded.

However, I can tell you have I have 2 definite future Jeep runs in mind, probably both in July.

Rimrock
My club heads down to Rimrock each year around the 4th of July weekend. With club members coming and going at staggered times there's usually a club presence down there for about 2 weeks. I try to spend at least 3-4 days down there if I can as it's a bit of a drive. We camp out in a camp ground down there and spend the days wheel'n up and down the ridges. Awesome views and steep, steep trails. Usually it's pretty dry being in Eastern WA, though it's forested terrain.

Pictures

Naches, Manastash, Liberty
I'd like to do a repeat of last years expedition (write-up). We'd start in Enumclaw and cross into Eastern WA via an old 1853 wagon train route that's now a 4x4 Jeep trail. Once in Eastern WA we can wheel around Manastash Ridge and enjoy the scenery and trails there. Then make our way down through Cle Elum / Ellensburg and up to Liberty, WA for more trail running. The idea is to simply camp where ever we end up for the night. Pack up in the morning and head out again. Time wise this would be like last year, too: 3 days, 2 nights. So either a Friday-Saturday-Sunday or a Saturday-Sunday-Monday. not sure which yet.

Pictures

"Jeep is the only true American sports car*" - Enzo Ferrari

* Or something to that effect.

Last edited by lupinsea; 04-15-2008 at 03:25 PM.
lupinsea is offline   Reply With Quote