View Single Post
Old 02-09-2021, 11:49 AM   #37
lip277
The old cranky SOB....

Carmudgeonly Ride: several cars... way too many....
Yes Excursion.

I have a 2003 F-250 with the 6.0 PSD engine. While I do use the bed some - I have a canopy on it so, it is not so much a truck but a 'van'. And that's ok - I have a utility trailer for getting rock or dirt or 'stuff' for when I need to haul that kind of material. I also have two friends who each have dump trailers (large ones - ) that I borrow on occasion.

Back when I was needing to get something to tow my 28' car trailer - if I would have found a decent comparable Excursion - I would have gotten that. But - even back in the 2006/2007 time frame, the PSD powered Excursions were VERY pricey. Granted, they were still 'newish' back then - but Ford had already stopped making them and the guys that had them knew that they had value. I saw some with asking prices 50% above the PSD truck equivalent. So - being more or less practical, got the F250.

The prices of the Excursions have held or increased since then. Especially the creampuff ones.

FYI - The one thing I do wish is that I had gotten the crew cab (not the super cab like I did). It would be good to have real second row seats, but I favored the bit shorter wheelbase instead back then thinking that was the better choice. If I had to do it today - I would go with the short bed, crew cab.

1970 2800CS - - 2001 740iL - - 2006 997.1 - - 2012 Escalade
1968 Mustang GT Convertible - - 2003 Ford F250 PSD - - 1985 728i
lip277 is offline   Reply With Quote