View Single Post
Old 09-15-2018, 12:05 PM   #1668
ZBB
Relic

Carmudgeonly Ride: A very fast golf cart
Thanks equ!

I'll probably have a couple other posts with some summaries of the logs I kept on it.

I recorded the trip meters at the end of each month in Excel, and I used a couple of different tools to log the API feed from the car to Tesla. Unfortunately, the older tool I ran locally has broken and I can't get it to dump any reports out (I have the raw logs though, just nothing with good summaries).

About 2.5 years ago, I started using TeslaFi as the data logger -- its built by a Model S owner and he charges $50/year for the service. Here's the "Lifetime" map for the Model S -- really only the last 2.5 years, so it doesn't have some of our road trips. There are a few gaps in the map -- either due to driving in areas without cell coverage, or when Tesla had an outage (which included the 'mudgeons meet up in April -- Tesla was down for about a day…

But the map shows most of the locations we visited -- this S:
  • Drove us to both the Pacific and Atlantic oceans
  • From the US-Mexico border into Canada (it visited Canada 3 times)
  • It went as far south as Tucson AZ, as far west as the Oregon coast, as far north as Merritt BC, and as far east as Ottawa ON.
  • It visited 26 states (plus DC) and 2 Canadian provinces.
  • It took us to 8 National Parks (Grand Canyon, Petrified Forrest, Death Valley, Yosemite, Red Wood, Yellowstone, Grand Teton, and Arches)

Supercharging enabled all of that. Here's some stats:
  • It was Supercharged 191 times
  • It visited 127 different Superchargers.
  • Average charge cost was $10.47 (I paid the $2k option to enable Supercharging, which was originally an option on the 60kWh battery…).
  • Supercharging enabled just under 19k miles of driving (nearly all road trips).
  • Average charging stop was 44 minutes
  • Average stop added 99 rated miles.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	TeslaFi - Model S Final Lifetime Map.jpg
Views:	232
Size:	195.7 KB
ID:	11970  

Last edited by ZBB; 09-15-2018 at 10:05 PM.
ZBB is offline   Reply With Quote