View Single Post
Old 12-10-2013, 02:47 PM   #1032
lupinsea
Jeeped

Carmudgeonly Ride: Modified Jeep Tj and '07 Miata
Quote:
Originally Posted by blee View Post
Weird, I found the C6 to be a nice improvement over the C5, which was just okay.

To me the C5 has not aged well and looks like a well used bar of soap. I understand it was a sharper car than the C6 in terms of driving dynamics but one still has to look at the car as you walk up to it and get in.

I much preferred the C6 . . . in fact, come to think of it. I think the C5 has been the weakest design. The C2 looks great. The C3's had some excitment to the exagerated body styling in a very sculpted way. The C4's were a nice departure from that. The bodys were very straight forward but I liked the detail of that panel join line running around the entire car and how that also formed the separation between the clamshell hood and fenders. Can't speak to the interior and performance but the body styling was pretty good. I was excited by the C5 at first because it was "new" but man, it didn't take long before that wore off.

Anyways, I like the C7 direction a lot. My only complains are that I think the grill / vent / scoop openings are a little over done with the black inserts. They remind me of the Elise when it was imported to the U.S. with the black plastic fins shoved in all the scooped openings that made it's stunning body work look cluttered. The other issue is the back bumper. It's not . . . horrible but, I dunno, a little too squared off? Too much black diffuser? The color body panels on the sides of the diffuser too thin? That and I don't like the look of the stuck-on duck tail spoiler. I like the duck tail, but in this case it looks like an afterthought where someone ran down to the local autoparts store and picked up a cheap stick-on cosmetic part. It should have been more integrated with the body / bumper. Like on the early C3's. And if I'm going to nit-pick then I also think the side vent on the front quarter panel is angled too sharply an cuts down across too much of the side of the car. Too much of a contrast with curve / slope of the wheel well.

"Jeep is the only true American sports car*" - Enzo Ferrari

* Or something to that effect.
lupinsea is offline   Reply With Quote