Thread: Cayman GTS 4.0
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2021, 11:24 PM   #38
lemming
Western Anomaly

Carmudgeonly Ride: White Orca
Quote:
Originally Posted by equ View Post
Yes, I'm generally not fan of Bose stereos, especially sucky in home. The b6 s4 avant bose was 'meh', but I'll say that the porsche bose is a step up, had it in a number. Then again, the cabins of those cars, especially the mid-engined ones, are not concert halls.

The 4-way sports seats are manual seats, bolstered, maybe the seat back is powered, all the rest should be manual. They are the obvious choice for a fit guy/gal who wants to keep the build simple/light. I personally dislike the LWB on a street car. I also think the cayman R & spyder (while I didn't own them, I did many test drives, including at Monticello track-ish) are more street/road friendly than the gt4 (305 mpsc2 e.g.). I wouldn't put all of those cars in the same bucket. I'd expect the gts to come in on that side of things, so it would be my choice whether I did a 718 or a 911.

Or are they front/back power as well? The sports seats used not to be. If so, then I'd go whole hog for the memory, which comes in handy. Secondly, my urban garage is quite narrow making ingress/egress hard as the long door barely opens. The 14 & 18 ways have an automatic comfort feature for entry/exit on the seat and steering.

For kicks, I fired up the 911 config and simply cannot believe the thick layers of bullcrap porsche have come up with to separate fools from their money. New and inventive ways of specifying exorbitant useless options.
The only thing I’d say is that it’s fun to buy a well spec’d Porsche because I always tend to not click the options. But if someone else does, it’s somehow easier for my to pay for them since the car is “as is”.

I just can’t go to the website. I don’t even want the temptation.

lemming is offline   Reply With Quote