View Single Post
Old 06-15-2004, 02:10 AM   #9
Masskrug
Jaded

Okay, just got back from Costco this evening. The tires I ordered last week came in. No appointments, first come first served. Weeknite seemed light, and they did the car in 45 minutes.

They have a database of tire pressure and torque values printed out on your work order for your specific vehicle. I was able to get them to fill 36 psi all around, which is what I'm customed to running. However, I was unable to convince the guy to alter the torque specs from 88 ft/lbs to 101 per the 'new' BMW guidelines. He seemed adamant about legal issues, blah, blah. Whatever.

No scratches on the rims. At least, nothing overtly visible. Nothing that stood out more than the regular rock chips and one careless scrape I put on one of the wheels.

They hand torque the bolts. I watched them do it from afar, so as not to be right in their face.

Thanks all for previous advice. I had a positive experience for this, my first time, at my local Costco, and again, it probably is very personnel dependent. YMMV.

Of side note, the new PS2's are at least twice the tire of the OEM Contis, of which no end of terrible things should ever be written about that stupid lousy tire. I forever hate Continental tires.
Masskrug is offline   Reply With Quote