Thread: VW's...
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2017, 10:43 AM   #102
Alan
Carmudgeon

That was a glowing review of the MDX

I found when I test drove the MDX and it was on some back roads I was really impressed with the way it took the curves but that could be because I was coming from having 3 MB GL450’s in a row which were all much larger and more truck like than the MDX

Having now lived with the MDX for just about a year I have to say it is a really good SUV. It is very carlike and also really comfortable to drive.

The steering can be strange at times as it has some computer controls that sometimes auto steer for you but overall I find it not that noticeable anymore. I certainly wouldn’t be taking it for a spirited drive but I wouldn’t take any suv for a spirited ride.

I’m not sure which drivers modes you changed, did you use the D/S button or the one that gives you the 3 different modes (comfort, normal, dynamic)
I find the multiple power modes really changes the car, in the sport and dynamic mode it is aggressive to the point of annoying to drive. It kicks into lower gears as it decelerates which would be cool in a 911 but this truck just isn't that much of a drivers car where it is enjoyable.

I think the big picture is these are SUV’s and my take on these type of vehicles is not are they fun to drive but more about the comfort and utility. Of course I want a nice ride, nice handling and nice power but I’m not looking for any of those categories to be ‘great’. To be great you need an X5M for a MB Amg though I’m not a truck guy so none of those would really interest me.
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote