View Single Post
Old 11-18-2018, 10:44 PM   #175
clyde
Chief title editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by clyde View Post
And then the washer pump died.

Debating buying a new one ($22 shipped) and doing it myself or getting it done under warranty when I take the car in next month to get the driver's seat recovered.
I bought one and tried replacing tonight. The original pump has electrical connectors that are tabs. The replacement part I ordered (an AC Delco part that is supposed to be an interchange part) has pins and the connector area of the pump has an oval shape while the cable from the car has a rectangle with a rounded side Looks kinda like an elongated "D" (not sure what the shape name actually is, though ).

I am assuming there is nothing I can do to make it work, so I'm returning it. Ordered a same part number part from Rock Auto. Hopefully it gets here before the next road treatment.

Best part was that I didn't lose too much fluid when pulling the pump off the reservoir despite not getting it all at once. Nearly all made it back into the original washer fluid bottle because it and a funnel ready to go. There was a decent sized puddle that I mopped up and rinsed with another half gallon of water. Overly worried about the dog getting in the garage and licking the floor there tomorrow because of course that would happen. Pretty sure it's cleaned up enough it won't present a problem, but excessive and needless worry is my life sometimes.

Team WTF?!
What are you gonna do?
clyde is offline   Reply With Quote