View Single Post
Old 10-26-2018, 02:29 PM   #78
equ
Alphanumeric

Carmudgeonly Ride: 981S, 340i
Update:

Took it to my regular bmw indie (who did NOT put the latest set in). They confirmed that it was what they thought of as good quality. They suggested I contact the seller and try to score a new set from them... I just couldn't be bothered. Car was at shop already for its annual oil change, look over and a new tensioner (grr...). They didn't recommend but said that they could have someone resurface them. I said do it. Had them uninstall, resurface ($75 each) and reinstall the fronts. There may be some rear warping, but this took off almost all of the pulse. A total of $300 later, car is a pleasure to drive now.

I didn't spend hours arguing and chasing Zimmerman and whatever low margin online seller I used (I think oembimmerparts.com). I didn't need to have the parts come in again, book another appointment and get to the shop and drop off the car again. All done.

Based on the pulse, I plan to drive gently (rather than do what I thought was necessary and brake repeatedly almost to the point of smoking but never stopping).
equ is offline   Reply With Quote