Thread: Macan Turbo
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2018, 08:52 AM   #16
equ
Alphanumeric

Carmudgeonly Ride: 981S, 340i
I like the blade on the lighter colors, though over time paint and plastic may wear differently. I was thinking of wrapping mine in gloss black (to match the spoiler) keeping it reversible. Also needs a little light tint on the front side windows.

Put a few hundred miles on. Likes:
+ steering
+ seats
+ hard to believe grip on turns given the height (matches most sports sedans)
+ great power but very progressive throttle, so no surging
+ PDK
+ Reminds of the b7 rs4. Total power is similar but the delivery is lower in the rpm range. The suspension/steering of the rs4 was unmatched among Audis, but feels similarly tuned to the Mac turbo. Of course, no NA v8 soundtrack.
+ Quality build, no pips or squeaks.
+ Width. It's not as wide inside as the 5er or the Cayenne and that is a positive. Width is a negative in my tight area. The cabin feels just right up front.
+ Surprisingly good visibility, I expected worse from the rear.

Perhaps minuses:

- Feels a bit front heavy. I guess I'm crazy but I do feel the 55/45% not just because I read it. It doesn't affect steering with so much power going to the rear, but the car does feel on its nose at times with not as much heft in the back. So did the spectacular rs4.

- Feels short in two ways. One the wheelbase, so it's less like the 5er and more like a Golf R. Turny. Also interior could be longer. I was originally shopping for a Cayenne and bought this within a week of first test drive.
equ is offline   Reply With Quote