View Single Post
Old 02-21-2018, 11:40 AM   #28
clyde
Chief title editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by clyde View Post
There are a couple things about the deal that aren’t completely sitting well with me:
  • After getting home and setting up on Chevy’s my.cherolet.com website, I saw all the warranties were keyed to an in-service date of 9/13/16, which is the invoice date. I called the 1-800 number on the website and it didn’t go well, but they opened a case. An hour later, I got an email from the F&I guy saying it would be updated to reflect an in-service date of 2/19 (but I bought on 2/17?). Again, hopefully this will be fine.
Warranty info was updated to what I would have expected as correct shortly after posting last night. Forgot to mention it. But it's left me thinking a couple things that are easy fixes by some combination of dealer/GM/OnStar

1) Dealers should tell customers during closing that the info may not update right away and to give it at least X days before inquiring.

2) Include that same notice on the OnStar login sheet they give you at closing.

3) Include that same info on the webpage where it shows that info.

Based on how long I was on the phone with them and the amount of time GM employees spent in what appears to be a needless fire drill, I'd estimate my call cost GM $50 or more. I can't be the only one, can I?

Team WTF?!
What are you gonna do?
clyde is offline   Reply With Quote