View Single Post
Old 09-28-2017, 12:42 PM   #11
wdc330i
dogged

Carmudgeonly Ride: '22 M440 xDrive GC
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemming View Post
Buick. Merc. BMW. Jaguar. Audi. Volvo.

There are still some decent wagon choices.
Yep. Have driven most of them. We miss our 5 wagon. It was the sweet spot of size, luxury, handling. And a RWD version with sport suspension would have been even better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theo View Post
When is the LSD going in?
It's in!

Did some break-in figure 8s, circles, etc. yesterday. But otherwise only have about 16 miles on it. I also traded out the Pilot Super Sports for A/S 3+, so those are breaking in as well. (I am over doing summer/winter swaps, and don't have a cold/foul weather driving alternative. Spouse gets the X5 and we are keeping the summers on her Boxster year round.)

So with the LSD and the all seasons, I've gained traction and lost traction at the same time. At least in the heat of summer on dry roads...

At any rate, the car already feels much more planted and controllable. It has lost much of its floaty feel around corners--which is what I disliked about the car. It now feels like it can put the power down in a predictable fashion--like my M3--both going into the corners and pulling out of them. We live in an old-style suburb, where all the streets loop around and intersect with each other. Getting to a main road is all twists and turns every day.

I look forward to full break-in (allegedly 500 miles or so) and some highway ramps in the future (where I most keenly felt the lack of the LSD.)

EDIT: I really don't understand all the people who add power/tuning kits to their 2 series before they install an LSD.
wdc330i is offline   Reply With Quote