View Single Post
Old 02-04-2023, 11:28 PM   #10
SCA
Jaded

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdc330i View Post
I suspect it will be one of the more tolerable BMW options out there. But, aren’t you more of a Porsche-phile at this point? I’d go Cayenne. Or Macan, if I didn’t need all the room. Although, I do think the Cayenne is quite a bit better

All that said, I’m not sure it’s ever worth spending a ton of money on an SUV if it is not your only option to drive.
My current Cayenne or Cayenne Coupe spec is considerably more than my G05 X5 specs. I do not feel either version of the Cayenne is that much better of a SUV over a X5. The Macan is too small for my needs. The backseat absolutely stinks too. I have a family member that had a Macan S for 2.5 years and got rid of it because of that reason alone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robg View Post
Yep …BaT might be a good way to get rid of these cars. The 88 m3 alone could probably cover the losses from the 330 and 540! As sarafil mentioned, don’t fall for the sunk cost fallacy. Get rid of them and move on because they’ll continue to cost you money just to keep.

Not sure what to tell you about the x5. Sounds like you’re bored of it but nothing on the market is really grabbing you at the moment. Based on what you’ve said it seems like the only acceptable replacements would be a new x5 or maybe a Porsche suv…either of which are going to end up likely costing north of 80k. Not sure a new 6 cyl x5 will be a different enough experience from your current one. Macan is probably too small and base cayennes are boring. Maybe a CPO v8 x5?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FYI, BaT tends to be a pain in the ass. It can also be exceptionally time consuming. The used market is also on a downturn therefore not really a great time to sell. BTW, If I was cash strapped, I would have liquidated a long time ago.

A Cayenne is stupidly expensive in comparison to an equivalent X5. A fairly loaded B58 X5 is $83k. The G05 B58 also received a bump in power for MY24. A Cayenne is in the $110k+ range and the facelift to be revealed on the 18th is surely to come with a substantial price increase. The X5 is the buy. Regarding a CPO, My 0.02, it would be rather foolish to give up vehicle owned since new for a CPO unit. The N63 is still a problematic engine too. I have zero desire in owning one. My brother just rid himself of his early ‘21 X7 M50i (N63TU) with under 10k miles because of N63 fears. He ordered a fully loaded X7 M60i (S68) last week. It should arrive sometime in June.

Last edited by SCA; 04-08-2023 at 12:37 PM.
SCA is offline   Reply With Quote