View Single Post
Old 01-10-2018, 03:56 PM   #16
robg
Carmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by AF View Post
When you say fugly does it have some ugly wheels on it or something? I really like the look of the X3 and think it is one of the better looking suv’s out here, for that price I would jump on it !!

I can’t believe it’s a X3 35i for that price
Yeah- not a big fan of the looks of it (the wheels are the base ones so they don't help either). Too many body lines, weird headlight shape, weird front end, etc. Looks good from the back though! The redesigned 18s looks a little better I think (although I haven't spent time up close). If I'm driving it I don't have to look at it- and it's not like I find most CUVS/SUVs attractive anyway. But I agree for the price, it's hard to beat. An equivalent 2018 M40i would cost about $700/month! Could barely get base Jeep Grand Cherokee for this price either. Will be my first car w/ passive entry and that kick-to-open tailgate ( I know many people complain that they have trouble w/ it but I've never had an issue on any car I've tried it on). With a toddler, I'm really looking forward to those features.

My first choice was a 330 wagon for the same price, but my wife vetoed that. I prefer having the 6 cyl anyway though. And, with a kid in a car seat the higher ride height is a back/head saver. Also would've liked a Grand Cherokee but w/ the same level of options it would've been in the 400s plus my wife didn't like the seats.

Last edited by robg; 01-10-2018 at 04:06 PM.
robg is offline   Reply With Quote