View Single Post
Old 11-05-2018, 09:53 PM   #30
Alan
Carmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by robg View Post
Somehow missed this thread previously. Congrats! The 540 is on my list for our next car as is the S4/5 you mentioned back in August. Similar to your original post, I was also impressed by the throttle response in the a4. Am assuming the DCT might play a part in that which the S4/5 no longer has (they went back to tradtional ZF 8 speed).

Hard to beat those BMW multicontour seats (with Nappa leather) that are only available in the 5/x5 and up. Surprised the leases are so bad on 540s- with the market being so SUV focused I assumed that good deals can be had on sedans. Speaking of which, i'm also intrigued by the x3 40i. Seems to offer nearly the same performance as an S4 while being an SUV. Also addresses most of the issues that the previous gen had.
There were no good deals, I usually end up paying more then most for he same car because I do 2 year leases but even for a 2 year it was ridiculous but I bit the bullet ... there is just no way I’m going with a 3 yr.

Btw I like the new X3 as well though I only drove the 4 cylinder model ... the 40i must be great.
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote