View Single Post
Old 03-01-2019, 04:10 PM   #25
clyde
Chief title editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by rumatt View Post
How is it a "fuck you to your customers" to make your company more efficient, allowing you to produce better vehicles at lower prices?

They continue dropping prices across the whole range, and included more features in the $35k version than anyone expected. They are producing quality products that people love and they keep getting cheaper so more people can enjoy them.

Man, that's terrible for the customer.
My office building is going through a horrible renovation that is moving thousands of people from individual offices into 36 and 72 sq ft cubes of open office space. The idiotic FAQs and guides that go out regularly include awesome tidbits like:

"Q: I've read that studies have proven open office spaces reduce morale; productivity; and work product quality, while causing increases to stress; disciplinary actions; and sick days. Why are we doing this?

"A: Most changes in life have both positive and negative impacts. We're choosing to only focus on the positive impacts of open office spaces like opportunities for increased communication and collaboration among your colleagues."

How is demanding $35k or more along with everything else buying a car entails for a test drive not saying "fuck you" to their customers? Especially when the driving experience of a Tesla is so completely unlike that of nearly every other car that's ever been made? I'll even give them the benefit of the doubt that the return process will be absolutely no sweat easy peasy two minutes from saying "I want to return this" to everything be done (which we all know the process will be nothing of the sort).

Whatever good things Tesla may be doing in the customer experience, no test drives and no place to look and touch is a fuck you. Nothing less. And please try to remember, or even acknowledge, that the current Tesla customer is still an inside-the-bubble-metro-area-SFH-living, technology-fluent rich dude that wants to be cool and hip among his peers (gender specific on purpose). It's nowhere near being a regular person.

I'd say, "Enjoy communicating and collaborating with your colleagues in your cube while drinking the Kool Aid!" but it looks like you've knocked it back quite a few already.

Team WTF?!
What are you gonna do?
clyde is offline   Reply With Quote