View Single Post
Old 03-01-2019, 02:38 PM   #23
rumatt
Mugwump

Carmudgeonly Ride: E46 330i, Chevy Colorado, Tesla Model 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by robg View Post
But could it really be worse than the average 4 cyl turbo with which it competes at this price point?
I'm not accepting the down sides of an EV if it merely matches the characteristics of a 4 cyl turbo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robg View Post
It always amazes me when people complain about depreciation of cars or tech. Should be added to the saying about death and taxes. Especially with tesla- they change their pricing atleast once a week it seems.
And it's worse than that. Tesla has stated from the beginning that they are dedicated to improving efficiency and continuing to offer lower cost vehicles. Then when prices drop people are outraged.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clyde View Post
Which is a whole lot of "fuck you" to your customers. But I get that's beena thing with Tesla from day 1.
How is it a "fuck you to your customers" to make your company more efficient, allowing you to produce better vehicles at lower prices?

They continue dropping prices across the whole range, and included more features in the $35k version than anyone expected. They are producing quality products that people love and they keep getting cheaper so more people can enjoy them.

Man, that's terrible for the customer.
rumatt is offline   Reply With Quote