View Single Post
Old 04-26-2019, 12:30 PM   #13
wdc330i
dogged

Carmudgeonly Ride: '22 M440 xDrive GC
Quote:
Originally Posted by equ View Post
The 1M is like an entertaining bulldog puppy, pulling hither and thither, and has four seats, a high greenhouse and CoG. I liked it; not enough to drop everything and buy it, but still fun. It did seem to have just slightly less roadholding and refinement than the e9x m3 but more readily available torque and oversteer.

The z3, as dated as it is, is a different category, 2-seater, low CoG, light weight sports car.

I happen to think the z3 coupe has a terrible design unlike the roadster. I get it that liking the ugly is almost a badge of worshiping the roundel at this point. See the recent Jalopnik film about it here:
https://jalopnik.com/how-the-clown-s...ugl-1833946317

There are other bmw fans like me (and perhaps Matt) who have owned these cars and engines since around the time some of the clown shoe fans were in short pants. Not all of us have to like it. I love LSB but honestly could care less if there were a hundred LSB s54 z3m coupes or not; or if they're worth a lot to some people. I've had my five years with a LSB s54 e46 m3 and I still absolutely prefer that car. I hand the 2-seater category to porsche.
Great link. Sent it to an architect friend of mine who has an Imola one.
wdc330i is online now   Reply With Quote