Thread: Boxster advice
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2019, 01:54 PM   #12
JST

Quote:
Originally Posted by John V View Post
Thanks, this is helpful. I think you have to pay to list on Rennlist, but it sounds like it could be worth it.

I would never use BaT. You basically need to be live for the duration of the auction to respond to stupid questions from every clown that trolls that site. I also don't think they would list it, it's just another Boxster S.

I think I'll try Rennlist and see where it goes. It won't break my heart if it doesn't sell, but I'm just getting less and less interested in "nice" cars to daily drive.
Agreed on Rennlist and Planet 9, and PCA.

I disagree about it being "just another Boxster." There aren't that many 987.2s out there, and there are even fewer that are a real color. The market for this car is niche, but it exists--and you've got a much better shot of finding one of the 6 people looking for this car on a national site than on something like Craigslist.

I get not wanting to deal with the people on BaT, but I actually think it would do pretty well there. See above, re: limited number of cars. I actually can't remember the last time I saw a 987.2 Boxster on BaT (that wasn't a Spyder).*

The downside is that 986s and 987s seem largely immune to the silly prices that are infecting the Porsche world, at least for now.

*In fact, looking back...is it possible that they've *never* auctioned a 987.2 Boxster, non-Spyder? If I missed 1 or 2, they certainly aren't common:

https://bringatrailer.com/porsche/boxster/
JST is offline   Reply With Quote