View Single Post
Old 03-19-2017, 10:45 AM   #118
Alan
Carmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JST View Post
I mean, yeah. Probably could go back to the dealer I drove the used one at the other day. But this dealer was discounting new ones and had better colors, so we went there.

I really only have so many chances, since we have to bring the kids, work it into schedules, etc. It's a fucking waste of my time if I get everyone together, show up literally carrying a checkbook, and get denied. Pisses me off.

My current car only has 30K miles on it. I don't really need a new one. VW is really, really aggressively trying to not sell me a car, and they are succeeding.
Is it possible to meet the wifey for lunch and do the test drive of a used one then ?

I know your frustrated and I totally get it ... when I was young I loved going to the dealer to try out cars and enjoyed the whole buying process ... now I find I really don't enjoy it, it is just annoying sitting at a sales persons desk for a freakin hour just to buy a car.

Back and forth, back and forth, back and forth ... do these guys really have to check out EVERYTHING with their manager.
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote