View Single Post
Old 10-04-2017, 08:34 PM   #42
IndyMike
Elected by grace

Carmudgeonly Ride: 11 1 M; 11 328iT; 22 M240ix
I had the bag replaced today on the Touring. My wife was really relieved. She was getting tired of having to drive in reverse everywhere she went, although to be honest she drove better that way than forward.

I got a brand new 230i as a loaner in beautiful EB II paint. It felt fairly flickable, but the steering even in Sport+ mode was crap. The M2's rack I drove at Monticello back in May is a tad better, but even it is still a long ways off from dialing in EPS to the hydraulic level of feedback and progressive response. The EPS is just so maddeningly numb on center. On the bigger models might as well just put a flamin' boat wheel in and be done with it. On the deuce, due to it's smaller dimensions it doesn't feel as handicapped as its bigger siblings. And for that I could almost forgive it, but when driven back to back with the E91 it gets punked savagely.

The upside is I'm not tempted to drop big bank on anything these days. And my retirement account is really happy about that.

Next week I have to take the other BMW in for the recall. Compared to everything else they've given me I wouldn't mind getting another 2er as a loaner.

It's clearly in my book the most "sporting" model this company makes today.