View Single Post
Old 11-28-2006, 09:31 AM   #3
FC
Solving problems

Carmudgeonly Ride: M5 / 718 GTS / Cooper S / GTI / LR4
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemming View Post
i reached the same conclusion for myself after sitting in almost everything one could imagine at the boston auto show.

the interior of the E350wagen is nice. it's not inexpensive, is the biggest problem. my thought process throughout this wagon seeking has been if i could achieve the performance of the outback XT with maybe some more niceties, that would be ideal.

the a4 class is too small. the 3er is too small. the e60wagen and the a6avant both are quite nice, but if i'm going to go with an unreliable german car, it might as well be an MB. that and the MB has the largest displacement engine with the best torque (AUC and peak#'s).

if the outback XT was just a tad nicer, it'd be a no brainer for me. the pendulum would swing back to it if they also saw fit to up the power by a nice margin this year or next.
I did a search and there are low-mile CPO '04 E500 wagons for $40K asking price. I may have to test drive one. Sure, it's 3 year sold now, and almost as expensive as a brand-new V70R, but would not mind the 5.0L engine nor all the features the E-wagon has (4-zone climate control, air suspension, etc, etc).
FC is offline   Reply With Quote