View Single Post
Old 02-25-2018, 03:54 PM   #64
clyde
Chief title editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by lip277 View Post
Guess that is why, to this day - I often take 400 mile drives on a Saturday or Sunday - just to get out of the house.
Here is one I do a couple of times each year.... https://goo.gl/maps/uSW4KrXdovm
Leave in the morning and have lunch in Leavenworth or Winthrop and do some looking around... then head home.
That is worthy of jealousy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lip277 View Post
Some kids (adults) are not able to do the 'road trip' thing....
My manager at work - he doesn't even like driving 40 minutes each morning to get to work. He doesn't like it to the point he is in a carpool (with his wife) and he has never driven when she is available.
He just smiles and shakes his head when he hears of my trips to Monterey where I drive 900 miles straight through without stopping.
My kids (16 and 14 next month), have always traveled very well by trains, planes, and automobiles. 900 miles straight shots between DC and Orlando, just stopping for food, gas and bathroom, whirlwind weeklong jaunts through the desert with many hours in the car every day, they just go. They complain more now that they're teenagers, but they're teenagers. Hoping we can squeeze out a Seattle to San Diego drive this summer, but thinking it'll wind up a week in SF with a few day trips.

Team WTF?!
What are you gonna do?
clyde is offline   Reply With Quote