View Single Post
Old 08-10-2020, 12:48 PM   #1
FC
Solving problems

Carmudgeonly Ride: M5 / 718 GTS / Cooper S / GTI / LR4
Time for a slow 981 search

I've learned to get over the 981 prices. They are what they are. New ones with an H6 are $100k now, so I don't see the few NA 981's getting cheaper all of a sudden. Supply is incredibly small.

Recently I had been debating the merits of getting a new ND. I want the new engine and the early transmissions scare me. Also, the 100 AE MX-5 looks great. But that means spending mid $30k's on a Miata. It would be very nice but probably won't scratch the Boxster itch properly. I think I rather pay extra for a used 981S. A 7yo Boxster is bound to not depreciate as much as a new Miata.

Anyhow, cars like this make me think that if I am patient I should be able to score a good 981S somewhere between 40-50k, but hopefully closer to 40k. I don't think I want to make a move until Spring of next year since I still worry about the macro impact of COVID, but I think I'd be open to the right opportunity sooner if it comes my way.

So please let me know if in your browsing you come across a 981S with the following specs aside from the obvious MT requirement:

- Color: Open to any color, but I rather stay away from black, silver, or gray (notable exception is GT silver+red top/interior). Bonus points for fun colors like yellow, red, bright blue, and even white.
- Interior: Naturally, more leather is best. Would prefer black. Bonus points for Cocoa. No tan. Red only allowed with silver/gray combo above.
- I prefer sports/adaptive seats but I'll take anything.
- I really would like to have heated seats and bonus points for heated steering wheel. Was it even available? I thought it was.
- Obviously bonus points for anything performance oriented (PASM, Sport chrono, sport exhaust, etc.).
- These are my preferred wheels, but again, I can't be picky:

If for some miracle you guys spot a GTS for anywhere near 50k or even 55k, let me know as well.

I do want a nice car, so while mileage doesn't bother me too much, I want a clean history and good cosmetic condition.
FC is offline   Reply With Quote