View Single Post
Old 09-19-2019, 11:22 AM   #22
clyde
Chief title editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JST View Post
I really shouldn't have clicked on through to see what Model 3 Performance cars are going for these days.

Jesus, 55,950 is a fucking steal for that car. Like...that's insanely well priced. A similar M4 is 74,900.

Goddamn.
What were they selling them for before?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AF View Post
The thing that amazes me is you could get $18k when you paid $19k ... though I was pretty amazed you only paid $19k for such a beautiful new car. I would think it was at a minimum a $30k plus car not that I know anything about
camaro’s but I always thought they were much more money then you originally paid.
Quote:
Originally Posted by robg View Post
+1. That's probably one of the best new car deals i've ever heard of.
I don't know... MSRP was $28,100. Invoice (less holdback)$25,9xx. There was $2k from the dealer end (subtract $26k from $28k and what do you get?) and over $7k from Chevy incentives.

I think there was probably another $1-$1.5k to be had if I was willing to grind it out, especially when factoring the FoST as a trade. They gave me a little less than Carmax offered, but close enough that the sales tax savings more than ate the difference. But, I was happy enough with the price, the trade offer and the combination let me get it done and go home in the car I wanted.

So, at $19k, the price was good, and I left super happy, but I think the deal was pretty pedestrian.

For its current trade value...I would guess most identically equipped 2017 2.0T Camaros sold for between $24k and $25k after incentives were applied. At three model years old and 36,000 miles, if I'd paid $24,500, an $18k offer today would be...meh?

Team WTF?!
What are you gonna do?
clyde is offline   Reply With Quote