View Single Post
Old 07-16-2018, 02:54 PM   #11
Alan
Carmudgeon

I leased my kids their first cars because I remember what I did to mine and it is a good thing I did ... at that age they kill their cars.

My sons first car was a 2015 A3 which was a nice safe car ... safety is key for the kids so check the safety ratings. My son got rear ended by a van and I'm pretty sure the driver was texting and driving, thank goodness this car was safe because the car took the hit with no damage to the passengers compartment.

My daughters first car was the 2017 A4 and again got SLAMMED into by a HUGE pickup with 3 other 17 yr olds girls in the car and again no damage to the passengers compartment. That truck totaled her car and I ended up getting her the same car because I felt it was a very safe car.

My partner gets his kids the Kia optima and does a 3 yr lease, they are safe they have a lot of cool options and heck they are in the $200 range per month.

Dan, safety is key, these kids are going to do their best to drive them safely but we need to make sure if something happens they are in a very safe car. Nothing is scarier then when you get that call ... DAD I HAD AN ACCIDENT !!!

Unfortunately I've had that call too many times and my heart beats so fast !!!
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote