View Single Post
Old 01-29-2024, 08:08 AM   #18
FC
Solving problems

Carmudgeonly Ride: M5 / 718 GTS / Cooper S / GTI / LR4
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemming View Post
Well. Not sure the M5 has ever been a sports car. It embodies what M started as and just added better and better engines. M to me has always been about taking a passenger car and making it sporty —but not a sports car.

How is the brake pedal feel? And how is the damping working for you? Not too stiff? Also curious about anti roll control. Does the M5 do a nice job of staying flat through the curves?

I’m very happy that you’re enjoying this car. Intriguing choice. I love to read about your experience with it.
The brake feel was pretty good, honestly. I never got up to great speeds, but they felt as good as any other BMW and stopped the car with ease and no drama.

Even in comfort mode the car is pretty flat and composed. As I mentioned this was a huge and immediate difference with the M550i, but I will note that the M550i I drove did not have the rare Dynamic Handling Package, which is supposed to improve things. But the personality of the M5 is very different and this is mentioned in every review, so I am not alone in this. This is the reason I went with the M5. Both cars are way too fast, so it wasn't a speed thing.
FC is offline   Reply With Quote