View Single Post
Old 08-21-2013, 07:51 PM   #274
IndyMike
Elected by grace

Carmudgeonly Ride: 11 1 M; 11 328iT; 22 M240ix
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh (PA) View Post
A beautiful orange 1M went up for sale on the fest yesterday. No price listed, but it is really sweet. Your M5 still looks great too, how many miles now? Mine turned 115 last week.
He "only" wants $59k......and it's a virtual stripper (not that it's a bad thing). So for all intents and purposes he wants about $12k more pre-tax than what he probably paid for it. So he's not really a serious seller.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theo View Post
I love the 1M. I would have one now if not for the limited production.
There isn't anyone on this site that wouldn't be enamored of it.

It's good, but not $12k better than MSRP. That's just whack!

Quote:
Right now about 77K. Still trying to decide what to do. I still really like it.
As long as you aren't staring at any big ticket maintenance bills you might as well keep it, Theo. Looks great, and still relatively low mileage. So I'd ride that wave all the way to the beach till it stops running.

Quote:
UGH that thing is a mini 6 coupe. Not a fan. I should have come down though. Not so far.

I want to see what the M2 is about.
Sadly I agree with you.

The first M3 I've never had even a small inkling of desire for. But I can say that across the board for the entire line-up at BMW.

Used to be I'd take a nice Sunday drive once a month or so and find a reason to stop by the BMW dealer and dream about one or more models on the lot. But now I fear Sunday's will never, ever be the same.

The 2 series is definitely the last vestige of hope in my eyes. But somehow I get the feeling that BMW will find a way to dork it up, snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.