View Single Post
Old 02-14-2008, 12:20 PM   #40
Optimus Prime
Carmudgeon

Carmudgeonly Ride: Golf TDi
Quote:
Originally Posted by equ View Post
OMG, *disrespect his authority*? What are we? In the middle ages or in some police state-istan?

I'm waiting for the US to wake up from its quasi-fascistic tendencies and become the paragon of freedom that it *theoretically* is.

I'm in no way defending the kids. By all accounts they're little shits. However, I expect a certain decorum and self control from people and especially from authority. There are numerous ways the officer could have handled the situation with more class and self-respect and done his job. I've run into too many LEO's that act like asshat's and think that everyone should lick their boots. Why? Because their LEO's and obviously way smarter/better/more important than you. Is that really what we need from our police officers? Do we really need to send the message that they have the right to blow up and treat people like shit? That they have the right to go off half-cocked if they don't feel they are being respected? Should we be forced to bow and kiss they're badge when in their presence for fear of angering them?

If you want me to "respect" the badge, then earn it. Act like an adult and do your job with class and humility.