View Single Post
Old 11-05-2019, 06:33 PM   #1
Alan
Carmudgeon

Thinking of getting another car ...

So the R8 was sold about a year ago and I can’t seem to find the right i8 plus I really put very little effort into it since it was kind of a relief not having so many cars. It just got draining always going to a dealer for something ... anyway I have new energy plus I am feeling the itch ... here are the cars on my list ...

Spoiler alert all cars mentioned below will not be a manual, I have my 911 which I am not getting rid of and one manual is enough plus I want a car my wife and kids can drive (to me this is fun) and I like the dual clutch transmissions. There is a reason I only put 1,000 miles on the 911 in the last year.

Let’s start with the craziest one but also one I think if I go with it would be long term ... the second generation R8 ... not quite sure if I would go with a 2 year old model or order a new one .... I spoke to my salesperson and they said they can get an allocation even though they currently don’t have one and the price is full msrp ... argh that’s a lot of change ... unfortunately a 2017 or 2018 really doesn’t save much since resale seems to be really good.

The new 911 aka 992 I am sure this is another keeper ... less expensive then the R8, I know it will be more nimble the only downside is the exterior still looks like my past 2 911’s but the interior imo is awesome. I love Porsche’s and this might be a winner.

The 991.2 coupe or convertible ... I have to search for a nice low mileage clean car which is a pain in the ass but I really like the facelift touches they did ... i’m not sure on the resale since the new 992 is out but I will start looking around.

Then comes the car I thought I would never consider but after having a 2019 Cayman loaner today this is definitely on the list. First off the only reason I didn’t consider it in the past is I had a 1st gen boxster and could not fit in it comfortably but after driving the loaner all day I seem to fit in it comfortably though the seat still hits the firewall (i’ll get into this in another thread) I am thinking why not got a gently used 718 couple or convertible ... try it out and if I find I’m uncomfortable I get rid of it. I should add just going to the dealer and getting a new one is appealing as well and eliminates the whole pain in the ass factor... argh decisions

So now the fun begins ...
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote