View Single Post
Old 04-02-2019, 12:03 PM   #8
JST

Quote:
Originally Posted by equ View Post
Thanks everyone. There is some room in the price, I doubt the market is very liquid on this. That said, I have the room to keep it so not a fire sale by any means. I think it had been on the market a few months when I bought it off the Roundel. BMWCCA is likely my best best. f10 forum has traffic but there are tons of less maintained cars dropping values across the board.

Questions for the cognoscenti:
- Should I revert the engine back to stock? I will of course disclose that the car was mapped for a few k miles.
- Bring a Trailer... That's usually better for older or more unique cars, but then again a large RWD sedan that's comfy and 6-speed.... Not too many of these. So that might be an option if I don't get much action over the next month or two.
Bring a Trailer's biggest downside is that you have to be active in the comments in order to get top dollar (and you have to be ready to address any commenters that come in talking about common problems the cars have).

I think you'd do well there, honestly, given your attention to detail, knowledge of the car, and the fact that this is a rare spec (and well cared for), but you'd have to be mentally ready to invest the time. I would list it there if I were you, just for the hell of it.

This is a unique opportunity to own an interesting and versatile car, and I've been trying to figure out how to make it work in my plans...but so far, haven't.
JST is offline   Reply With Quote