View Single Post
Old 03-02-2022, 12:10 PM   #14
wdc330i
dogged

Carmudgeonly Ride: '22 M440 xDrive GC
Quote:
Originally Posted by equ View Post
Wow, like Alan, I didn't see this coming. Doing some searches I see that your anxieties were buried in another thread. Bummer.

Spring is here, just drive the 2 until you get around to finding another cx5 substitute daily. I'm not sure I would have done the same move of cashing out based on concerns if my vehicle itself had not exhibited anything, but I would have considered it for sure.
Understood. And I probably would have seen it through to the end of the power train warranty were it not for the kid car issue/expense looming at the end of the summer.

I really don't want to support three cars. And fully supporting two cars when the family car (until now, the Mazda) goes away every other week is not ideal either. Nor was it i(in my spoiled person's take) sustainable/desirable that I sell the 2 and keep the potentially troublesome Mazda as my ONLY car.

Process of elimination eliminated the Mazda from the future scenario.

Hence the sale while the Mazda value was still high.

What's next is a question. Maybe the ideal is, as JST suggests, to keep the 2 and a cheaper hatchback thing to go back and forth.

Or maybe I bite the bullet and sell the 2 and get something fun to drive that has more functionality. 4 series gran coupe with bucktooth grille?
wdc330i is online now   Reply With Quote