View Single Post
Old 09-22-2019, 11:13 AM   #9
rumatt
Mugwump

Carmudgeonly Ride: E46 330i, Chevy Colorado, Tesla Model 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by JST View Post
I really shouldn't have clicked on through to see what Model 3 Performance cars are going for these days.
Yeah, I try not to look at it. But don't forget we got a significantly larger federal tax refund than they will. And you also had the option of $5k back if you wanted it. Did you take it?

My only regret is not buying the P3D- aka "Performance Stealth". I had it in my cart for 2 weeks and changed it on a whim. It turned out to be a scam and was literally flushing $5k down the toilet. What the non-stealth got me was:

- A "lowered" suspension. But no one has yet to identify a single part that is different than the normal suspension
- 20" wheels that are are soft and dent so easily that no one wants them, so they're worth no more than a cheap replacement set from Tirerack.
- A carbon fiber spoiler that still hasn't arrived. ("production issues")
- Pedal covers.

I thought Elon fixed this with the $5k redund - but he also gave it to the Performance Stealth folks too. Same for track track mode. So basically I paid $5,000 for pedal covers.

Performance Stealth is the car to buy for sure. It's no longer officially for sale, but you can still find them if you ask around enough. A guy at work just went through this and I convinced him to keep looking, and he found one.

It also gets you below the $50k base price rule that some states require to be eligible for your state refund (often ~$2k)

Last edited by rumatt; 09-22-2019 at 04:02 PM.
rumatt is offline   Reply With Quote