View Single Post
Old 02-03-2017, 09:35 AM   #18
TD
Founder emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh (PA) View Post
I had to pull the bumper on my 1er last night. It started about a month ago when I washed it and unknowingly dislodged one of the headlight washer covers. A few days later said headlight washer cover flew away to parts unknown leaving an ugly hole in the bumper. I ordered a new cover, but didn't find a good DIY for installation so I broke the washer when trying to get it together. Turns our there is a very easy way to remove the washer nozzle from the pump snap the cover on and re-assemble all of it... who knew.
So yesterday I got the pump and went through bumper disassembly 101.
It took about an hour, but I got everything apart, fixed and back together pretty flawlessly. I was quite pleased with myself.

This morning I started it up to go to work and got a TPMS inactive error. FML, I forgot to reconnect the receiver in the wheel well liner before I screwed it all back together. I guess yesterday was just a practice round
I totally understand how it happened and don't really blame her for it, but my wife snagged the front lip on a parking stop (it was downhill and it cleared fine going in to the space but backing out caused the front to dip a bit and it caught) and it pulled the bumper cover off of a few of it's mounting points and ripped the cover in an area that isn't seen when mounted.

I took the thing off, used an epoxy to bond the tear, and remounted it only to realize I forgot to reconnect the harness for the fog lights - meaning a fault chime and icon each time the car is started.

I waited a weekend and repeated the process just to reconnect that harness.

I have no desire to do it again to change a fucking lightbulb. But if the shop quote is more than, say, $50 (which I'm pretty sure it will be), I'm going to suck it up.

Last edited by TD; 02-03-2017 at 10:22 AM.
TD is offline   Reply With Quote