View Single Post
Old 10-23-2018, 05:40 PM   #884
robg
Carmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by rumatt View Post
I liked the white in person. I don't think those pictures do it justice.

I personally think the wood looks stupid and out of place. But from a functional point of view it's certainly less glare-ey than that white.

How are you liking the seats? They were significantly softer than the black leather. Do they provide enough support?
Interesting - didn't realize there was a difference in comfort between black and white seats. Is that a known thing?

Your "doughnut" description rang true of my experience riding in a model 3. There was something not quite comfortable about them that I couldn't quite put my finger on (although they were not overly firm).

I'd be very tempted to get white as well due to the contrast, but good point on that white trim piece potentially causing glare. To me, the wood kinda works. Its kind of "modernist" and "zen". I actually can't think of what else would be preferable. You wouldn't want anything glossy or too reflective (like brushed aluminum). Matte carbon fiber maybe but that would also seem a bit out of place. I do wish they'd offer another choice instead of that gloss black plastic used on the center console (even just matte black plastic would be better on those pieces)
robg is offline   Reply With Quote