View Single Post
Old 12-24-2020, 06:53 AM   #140
Alan
Carmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SARAFIL View Post
I had a 2016 550 previously so very similar car to your former 550. I liked that car a lot, but our X5 M50 (same engine as your M550) takes it to a whole different level. The 550 never felt slow when I had it, but this X5 is amazing. This is obviously a heavier car than 5 series sedan, but despite that the X5 feels a lot faster than my old 550, power delivery is effortless, throttle is very responsive even in “comfort” mode. I haven’t driven a M550 w/ the upgraded engine (2020+) but have to imagine the powertrain in my X5 is even better in a lighter sedan. Overall I think the latest crop of M performance models (M340, X3 M40, M550, X5 M50,...) are excellent all around vehicles - I thought they were a little gimmicky at first but after living with one for a year I’ve been very satisfied.
Don’t know how I missed this post ... I remember your 550 and I do agree these M‘ish’ Models really are great, my son who had the 17 340 and now has the 21 M340 is really amazed by his car, he literally comes home everyday from the office and will tell me how much better it is then the previous model.

I’ve said this before I am really happy with my 540 I can’t even imagine how the M550 will feel but then again BMW is taking forever to build the damn car but that is another story
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote