View Single Post
Old 10-22-2020, 08:34 AM   #134
wdc330i
dogged

Carmudgeonly Ride: '22 M440 xDrive GC
Quote:
Originally Posted by zach View Post
A couple of initial impressions-

- The steering is a big step forward compared to the F15. They have obviously put some effort into refining the EPS.

- As I mentioned, the four wheel steering is quite noticeable around the city. It's great.

- The fake engine noise piped through the speakers is fine - doesn't bother me at all.

- It has noticeably more headroom than the X5. It feels roomy. I'm very happy we got the captains chairs (so far, at least).

- This thing is very quiet around town. You can't hear the idle when stopped at a light (yes I'm sure the auto start/stop was off ). Must have more sound deadening than the X5.

- I'm glad I got the same color as our last car (carbon black). Most of my neighbors and coworkers won't even notice we got a new car.

We'll see how the first few months go. Unfortunately, it won't be making the trip to the farm anytime soon - we are huddling in Boston for the time being in an effort to limit contacts as much as possible.
Excellent! Those seemed huge to me when the first came out, but somehow don’t anymore. Maybe because everything else has gotten bigger, too.

I remember when I dumped my 2001 330i (Black with step and no sport suspension) and bought a 2002 330i speced properly (stick and sport), I ordered it in the same color so no one would notice! Also got the better steering out of the swap. Fortunately, I got a very good price from CarMax for the 2001, so the hit wasn’t horrible.

Kept the 2002 for 7 years, which is a long stretch for me. Excellent car. Replaced it with the 2006 M3 (bought used in 2009). Also black, but I knew people would notice it was a convertible and not a sedan!
wdc330i is offline   Reply With Quote