View Single Post
Old 12-06-2009, 07:25 AM   #6
Terri Kennedy
There and back again

Carmudgeonly Ride: 2003 BMW 325xiT; looking for a new fun car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh (PA) View Post
Thanks,
I used to have the CD image for the ver 26 upgrade, but lost a hard drive a while back and never had a need to regain it. Do you have a link to the software?
Here.

Quote:
Is this in place of the CD Changer, or in addition to? An Aux Input would be nice. I rigged this into the M3 by soldering a headphone input cable at the cassette pre-amp so I could keep the CD and just trick the radio into thinking a cassette was in place. It worked pretty well, but if there was a better way to do it I'd love to know.
Aux and Sirius are in addition to the CD changer; PhatBox replaces the CD changer.

Aux installation instructions here, including schematics for the cable (it is trivially easy to make yourself if you're handy with electronics - the hardest part is finding the BMW connector). If you're buying it, you want 65-12-0-153-503. At $79 list, it is incredibly overpriced (even for BMW) for what it is.

The neat thing about the BMW Aux (both the official part and the homebrew one) is that there is an undocumented feature - the sensitivity of the input is adjustable by pressing the CD 1 through 6 buttons on the NAV display when Aux is selected, so you can adjust it for the correct level for different devices without having it be a lot quieter than the NAV instructions and not so sensitive that it distorts the input signal.
Terri Kennedy is offline   Reply With Quote