View Single Post
Old 05-27-2020, 09:15 AM   #15
wdc330i
dogged

Carmudgeonly Ride: '22 M440 xDrive GC
Quote:
Originally Posted by JST View Post
Why not this? More than you want to spend?

https://www.audiatlanta.com/new/Audi...cb5bc0bcfe.htm
It's definitely on the list. And, yes, more than I want to spend. I go back and forth between just get a manual Crosstrek (that I can give to my son for college in four years), or get a proper car that I can live with for the duration.

Then a used BMW wagon moves high on the list, because I'd like someone else to take the $10k depreciation. Possibly (likely) the new A4 Allroads on lots are soft on MSRP, and I should drive one again (I have not driven one in about 8 or 9 years).

And, yet, after having an X5 for so long, the X platform feels like more of a complement to my 2. I really want a well speced X3, but the way I build it inches towards $65k MSRP...And that's when I start thinking I could live with an X1.

So, I dither. And hope the 2018 BMW wagons start to come off lease in real numbers...then it's about finding the needle in the haystack of desirable options. There's a decent low-option 2017 wagon locally, but it doesn't have seat heaters. That seems a little punishing at this stage of life. (Yes, I'm spoiled.)
wdc330i is offline   Reply With Quote