View Single Post
Old 03-28-2020, 12:25 PM   #103
clyde
Chief title editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by clyde View Post
Just a few potential gotchas:
  • Maryland MVA branch offices and the "Customer Service Center" are closed, so, not sure how long it might take to get a title in my name or waht the "date issued" will be.
  • If MVA is open behind the scenes and processing titles, I'm not sure how I get them to process mine. Guess I'll be calling a tag & title shop in the morning.
Answers to these questions: MVA is operating slowly on non-customer facing operations. They are processing title work submitted by dealers and tag & title companies. The title company I spoke with says MVA seems to be moving slower than normal, but they are getting work done.

Wrench in my plans and a learned lesson in late night quarantine quickie transactions. I forgot to ask beforehand or check at the time if the title had a lien and, if so, a lien release document.

My friend never titled it. The title he had was signed by the original owner, but has lien info on it and he did not have (and never got) the Security Interest Filing document releasing the lien. Original owner (also a friend) is currently looking for it. If he can't find it, he can get a special letter from his lender or a duplicate title from MD and sign that over to me.

So, I'm delayed a bit, but not sure how much yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemming View Post
Another option that I foresee: GM will unleash Friends and Family discounting which could better any other discounts—

So that’s a backup plan if the Mustang conquest thing falls through.

They have weird rules about which discounts you can combine.
Friends and family pricing wasn't that great in January and February. I have access to it, but I could do better on my own. Even employee pricing wasn't terrific. Depending on the circumstances, I could have access to it.

Looks like they aren't offering 0% on Camaros now. I know it wasn't part of the original announcement, but could have sworn I saw them applying it to the Camaro a couple days later. It was not stackable with the Mustang conquest rebate, but it was there.

Until I resolve the Mustang title, it doesn't really matter.

Team WTF?!
What are you gonna do?
clyde is offline   Reply With Quote