View Single Post
Old 05-26-2020, 01:46 PM   #26
kognito
older fart than ZBB

Quote:
Originally Posted by robg View Post
Cograts! The Fusion is one of the best looking sedans on the market imo. Several years ago I got a rental titanium trim version w/ the 2.0T and really liked it. Good power, natural feeling steering and comfortable seats. Only downside was MyFord Touch, but that's long since been resolved with the introduction of sync 3.

And yet, SYNC 3 has its own degree of suckage, just different than 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by clyde View Post
South Carolina and Georgia are 30 cars stacked bumper to bumper in the left lane as while one dingbat at the front of the line maintains the exact same speed as the car in the right lane. When car #2 in line finally finds a way through, its driver immediately seeks another car in the right lane to match speeds with in line abreast formation so everyone else can keep waiting.

North Carolina is only less so. Virginia and Florida are essentially the same, but use three lanes to accomplish the same bullshit.
I85 is a whole different world than I95. almost all of I85 from me to Sparanburg is 3 lanes, and fresh pavement. From me, south is just 2 lanes and the re-pave is still on going. Bridge work over parts of Lake Hartwell will take some time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clyde View Post
Meanwhile, Toyota makes it standard on all their cars. Like cheap hotels offering free internet while ritzy ones charge for it.

I'm not a big fan of adaptive cruise in the Toyota. Minimum distance is too far back. Have not really used it in anything other than freeway cruise, so can't comment on much more about that. The lane keep/steering assist is "teh suck" unless you like being a pinball.
I haven't played with/ or engaged the lane keep steering shit yet, it is still turned off. Adaptive cruise has three settings, one bar, two bars, three bars. Have only tried the 2 bar setting so far.

SYNC still sucks, just a different suck than what your Focus had