View Single Post
Old 06-26-2020, 10:15 AM   #161
clyde
Chief title editor

https://www.facebook.com/tom.ogorman...58558894037700

So...

I know this car. I've driven it. I loved it.

It was "fabricobbled" together over two and a half years by a good friend that lives in the DC area. I wouldn't say "no expense was spared" in the build, but he did not give cost any consideration...he chose parts he thought would work and bought them. As of last year, it was one of the top three (maybe two? my understanding is one of them may have been destroyed) cars in the "CAM-C" class, which is a nearly unlimited run-what-you-brung class for RWD American cars that is incredibly popular and has some amazing high dollar/high effort builds that don't come close to this car.

In late summer 2018 when my friend said he was thinking of selling it, I gave it some real thought, but it wasn't the right car at the right time. Now,... The seller is a great guy. He's taken great care of the car. He is trying to make a living as a professional race car driver, didn't have a ride lined up for this year, got further screwed by the virus situation, and he's probably a very motivated seller.

Competing in this car every weekend would be a whole bag of kicks and more. I could not daily it, though. OTOH, the ask price is low enough, I might be able to find a truck I could daily and use to tow without busting my budget by much.

I hope someone buys it before I do something silly.

Meanwhile, Carvana keeps offering me more money for my car. $17512 this morning.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	kaomaro.jpg
Views:	307
Size:	163.8 KB
ID:	12719  

Team WTF?!
What are you gonna do?
clyde is offline   Reply With Quote