View Single Post
Old 09-25-2020, 04:56 PM   #1428
wdc330i
dogged

Carmudgeonly Ride: '22 M440 xDrive GC
Quote:
Originally Posted by JST View Post
I mean...yes? I guess the X5 has double the battery capacity of the 2020 530e I drove, so probably it will be able to go farther in EV only mode. But, FWIW, the 530e could not do my round trip commute, which is 11 miles, and I assume the X5 is less efficient.

The other thing that jumps out from that chart is that despite doubling the battery size, they apparently don't fit a bigger charger to the X5? That's nuts. The 530e was already damn near impossible to charge on a 120V outlet. I guess a 240V 30A charger would help a lot, but jeez.
Ah, I thought you drove the earlier 5 hybrid. Hmmm. Maybe you come at it from the uber perspective of a Tesla owner? Rather than an ICE owner looking for any kind of electric progress.

PS: Ex is picking up her Y (which is funny to hear in my head) even as we speak. We are swapping our son tonight, so I'll see it shortly.

I'd get a Tesla in a heartbeat, if it filled the function of my pleasure convertible. But with the hauling machine, part of the goal is to be able to do long drives without worry.
wdc330i is offline   Reply With Quote