View Single Post
Old 09-25-2020, 04:35 PM   #1427
JST

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdc330i View Post
Thanks for that. It's a compelling package. Unless I'm missing something, there's also no reason to order the Msport--uness you want the steering wheel and huge rims.

This chart is interesting, and perhaps gives some insight into the improvements of the tech since the car JST drove.

I am stuck in a rental house for awhile and only have a regular outlet available to me in the garage. So, that, coupled with the fact that I prefer the smaller form factor of the X3 (X5 might not fit in the garage), the lower price point, and the fact that I work from home so city errands are under 18 miles R/T, makes me lean to the smaller SUV.

But the X5 looks like a better overall combo of engine and range. Plus, you get a normal load floor in the cargo area.
I mean...yes? I guess the X5 has double the battery capacity of the 2020 530e I drove, so probably it will be able to go farther in EV only mode. But, FWIW, the 530e could not do my round trip commute, which is 11 miles, and I assume the X5 is less efficient.

The other thing that jumps out from that chart is that despite doubling the battery size, they apparently don't fit a bigger charger to the X5? That's nuts. The 530e was already damn near impossible to charge on a 120V outlet. I guess a 240V 30A charger would help a lot, but jeez.
JST is offline   Reply With Quote