View Single Post
Old 02-09-2017, 12:25 AM   #23
Terri Kennedy
There and back again

Carmudgeonly Ride: 2003 BMW 325xiT; looking for a new fun car
Quote:
Originally Posted by JST View Post
Thanks for posting. I think I spent $1000 on the new computer. Would be nice to get it back. Will have to check the class definition to see if I'm covered.
I don't know why the lawyers didn't insist that BMW pro-actively notify the owners of all included cars which were repaired out-of-warranty at a BMW dealership, since their records include the VINs and the specific defect codes for replacing any of the modules, applying the warning sticker, etc.

That would reduce the number of owners who needed to search for records to those who had the module(s) replaced at an independent service shop, or who purchased the module(s) at the parts counter themselves.

At the 2004 NYIAS, I saw a pre-production 6er with the "electronics in spare tire well" and thought it was a bad idea even then:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry Kennedy
Did they really regress that much on the E6x?

I suppose it is possible - I once poked around a bit in a pre-production 6er and the spare tire well in the trunk had a styrofoam insert with the usual massive BMW fuse box and other stuff in there. No idea if that was just pre-production or if it carried over into series production, though.
And it isn't like BMW never had experiences with clogged sunroof drains before.
Terri Kennedy is offline   Reply With Quote